Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Downgrade: Warcraft 3


I just replaced my computer with an HP Pavillion laptop - it's bye bye to 3d intensive games like Halo for me. Oh well, maybe it's for the best: less distraction from work you know, considering I'm no longer some zit-faced teenager. But darn it! I'm having withdrawal symptons.

Anyway the HP laptop was a good bargain, its got lots of features I didn't expect from a laptop. It can play DVDs without booting up which is kind of cool. The only downside is the laptop can only survive for 2 hours on battery which is really a pain when you're in transit with no power outlets to plug the laptop into.

Anyway, the Pavilion is a media laptop so I tried installing old Warcraft 3 to pacify my itchy fingers. Whadayknow?! It worked just fine! This is why I like playing Blizzard games so much - they publish games that are quite easy on computer resources. I also installed the Frozen Throne and played the Founding of Durotar bonus game on hard for the nth time. I haven't had any decent sleep for the last two days.

No comments: