Tuesday, July 24, 2007

NBA Live 08 Preview


The latest and the much-awaited sequel of the NBA Live game series, the NBA Live '08 is coming to your nearest game shops this October.

What are the game's new features? Well, the publisher, EA Sports did not yet released the full details of this new NBA Live game. But browsing the publisher's website, I found this "Go-to Moves" featured in NBA Live 08. The Go-to Moves are different ways for star players to have a clear shot and win the game, according to Brian Ullrich, the producer of NBA Live 08.

Oops... I almost forgot. Gilbert Arenas of the Washington Wizards is the cover player of NBA Live 08. Gilbert Arenas is also a game fanatic of NBA Live series.

GameDaily (www.gamedaily.com), one of the major websites for the gaming industry made a recent interview with Gilbert Arenas about his involvement in the game. Check out some of them.

So how’s it feel being on the cover of NBA Live?
"It’s a great feeling, and I hope I feel like everybody else did when they realized they were on the cover. It’s amazing, especially for me, coming up non-ranked and reaching this level. It’s an honor."

What other games do you play?
"I play Halo and Bomberman."

What’s different about this year’s NBA Live?
"It’s a big, big improvement. I mean, I was surprised just now. They told me last year’s game ran at 30 frames, and now they have 60. You can tell the difference. It’s a lot smoother than the older ones. I haven’t been able to stop playing it."

Growing up, what games did you play?
"My first game was NBA Live 95."

Any other sports games do you play?
"Madden, Tiger Woods…I love hockey, but I haven’t gotten than one yet."

Anyway, watch out this coming October to get the NBA Live 08. Cant wait? You can pre-order the game in EA Sports website at www.easports.com/nbalive08. I might get few copies of this game rather than purchasing Husky floor mats for my car. LOL!

No comments: